Pages

Monday, May 1, 2017

God's Not Dead 2

Wow, I loved that movie a lot more than I thought I would. It's just as good as the first movie. And it really opened my eyes to how the world is but how God can conquer all of it if we just believe in him.

Recently I've been trying to get closer to God after some events about 3 years ago. I'd been feeling depressed and alone even in a house full of siblings. I've been missing God in my life and have let worldly possessions attempt to soften the pain I've been feeling but I didn't realize I've been needing God more than anything.
I grew up in a Christian home, my dad was a Pastor and Missionary to Cuba. I got saved when I was eight and baptized that Summer (2009). Even at that age I felt very close to God.
But then my parents divorced, and we didn't get to church, and the stress in the past couple of years have pushed me farther and farther from God. I tried to find comfort in things that were only temporary, after doing all that it just made me feel worse.
This past year I'm finally working on getting closer to God. It's hard because sometimes I'll question my faith and what I believe in. It's hard to ignore the devil and all the wickedness we're exposed to these days.

So basically, This movie gave me another reminder of how great God is. And that we're not alone, not for one second, he is there with us forever.
(I was literally tearing up at this movie...)

Thanks for reading! Now I have to get ready for work.

God's Not Dead

-Adelaide

No comments:

Post a Comment